Why “Think and Lead Differently” Training?
“Innovation is powered by a thorough understanding, through direct observation, of what people want and need in their lives,” – Tim Brown, founder of IDEO
We know that a business like yours are constantly trying to innovate and change. The myth of customer innovation is that brilliant ideas leap fully formed from the minds of geniuses. The reality is that most innovations come from applying structured approach and tested methodologies. By working with us, you will be using your creative and innovative mind to develop customer experiences.
“Think and Lead Differently” teaches participants how to understand, capture, and incorporate the customers’ perspective in order to develop innovative products and solutions. You will learn and practice the design thinking methodology, which is an interdisciplinary problem-solving approach that uses techniques such as empathy, sketching, ideation, and rapid prototyping to build better solutions faster.
Design thinking and other creative problem-solving techniques are rapidly gaining traction in business because they foster innovation by connecting technology to actual customer needs. “Think and Lead Differently” will help participants accomplish the following:
- Learn how to think like your customer and use empathy to develop exceptional experiences
- View strategic and operational problems from a holistic, customer-centered perspective
- Drive business results through sketching, ideation, and rapid prototyping
- Challenge “status quo” thinking and become fearless advocates for meaningful change
Formats of “Think and Lead Differently”
“Think and Lead Differently” combines brief lectures with hands-on activities to ensure that participants learn by doing, and it can be productively leveraged by employees at all levels of an organization. The training is available in half-day, one-day, and multiple-day formats and can be customized to meet your organization’s needs.
Agenda highlights include the following:
- Design Thinking: The Art and Science of Abductive Reasoning
- Thinking with Sketching
- Product/Service Design Challenge
- Seeing like an Anthropologist: Observation Techniques
- Designing with Personas
- Building Storyboards and Introduction to Storytelling